Want to Get Custody of my daughter

Status
Not open for further replies.

mannie64

My wife was living in Georgia with my 3 year old daughter......Recently she has run off with her boyfriend to Oregon and left my daughter with her grandparents in Georgia.....It has been four months and I have had no contact with my wife or my daughter and wanted to know if I have the legal right to go to Georgia since I live in Arkansas and get my daughter from her grandparents house since the mother (my wife) has ran off and moved to Oregon with her boyfriend.

As the father of the child, you have a right to go to a court in GA, which is the state where the child is located. You may not have to although it could be quicker to petition the court (although inconvenient and potentially expensive.) If your ex left the state with your child without your permission, she may have violated several other laws including the Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction Act. If you do a search in the forums you will find a good deal of information regarding this act. Such acts are tantamount to kidnapping. You may even wish to call local child services which may provide you with resources in your area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back