want my house back

Status
Not open for further replies.

poisonace

3 years ago i bought a house with a man that i am no longe seeing. the house went into foreclosure, was almost up for a sheriffs auction, and hes ruining my credit. can i get his name off the deed ever? he wont cooperate with me and actually slapped a restraining order on me so now i cant even get my possessions out of the house. is there hope?:confused:

The most common problem and best always avoided - joint property ownership with a mortgage with someone who is not a spouse. The problem is that he has a joint interest in the property and both of you are wholly liable for the entire amount. You can pay and sue him for his share. If he doesn't come up with the cash, you can obtain a judgment against him and then seize/put a lien on the house. You should be able to get your possessions out of the house, especially with police assistance.

I don't understand how you could be evicted from a house you own unless there is something we don't know here. This is not an easy situation. Best to sell the house if you can on your own. If he doesn't, you should put him on notice (certified mail) of his failure to pay and that any failure to cooperate will result in his sole liability for any expenses and damages incurred.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back