want maoney after 10yrs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bravotango

the county sent me a bill on 12-10 for medical services. the bill is from 14-16-02. at the time I was informed that if I paid $200 the blance would be excused. now they want me to pay the whole bill. I do not have any proof of the $200 paid. after 8 yrs I'm I still responsible for this bill

In your state, CA, the SOL on medical bills is four years.

This is more than likely a scamming debt collector, masquerading as an official entity. In this case, the county, to con, scare, trick money out of you to fool you into doing something that would cause you to void the SOL.

If I were you, I'd ignore that letter from those scavengers. Anything you do could jeopardize your positive legal position. The debt is dead, if things are as you describe!!!

Let sleeping dogs lie.

Agreed. Do not make any payments or agree to make any payments. Any communication you do should be in writing through the mail.
If you haven't done so, obtain a copy of your credit report (you can get a free copy once a year) and make sure you do not have any negative marks as a result of this debt. If so, dispute it. If you have not paid anything since 02 then it should not appear on your credit.
If you are ever summoned to court do not be worried... just show up and argue that the statute of limitations has expired and the case should be quickly dismissed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back