Repairs, Maintenance wall and ceiling damage

Status
Not open for further replies.

gina1053

woke up to notice that from the ceiling all the way to the floor in the corner of the room, the paint was all rippled, called land lord, said they would come check it out, maintence man came to look, said that he would call the roofing company because he thought it was a build up of ice and snow. Well the ice and snow are mostly gone but now there is a hole in the ceiling and a hole in the wall about half way down. maintence man came and said it can just be patched. it cant be just patched the whole wall is squishy and you can see the wall flex when you push on it...im just curious as to my rights as a tenant, what if they dont fix it properly! I dont want mold, its in my childs bedroom!!!! does anyone know who i can call to go above and beyond my landlord, the maintence man as put us on a "waiting list" to be fixed because their are other apartments they have to get read to rent out..........

woke up to notice that from the ceiling all the way to the floor in the corner of the room, the paint was all rippled, called land lord, said they would come check it out, maintence man came to look, said that he would call the roofing company because he thought it was a build up of ice and snow. Well the ice and snow are mostly gone but now there is a hole in the ceiling and a hole in the wall about half way down. maintence man came and said it can just be patched. it cant be just patched the whole wall is squishy and you can see the wall flex when you push on it...im just curious as to my rights as a tenant, what if they dont fix it properly! I dont want mold, its in my childs bedroom!!!! does anyone know who i can call to go above and beyond my landlord, the maintence man as put us on a "waiting list" to be fixed because their are other apartments they have to get read to rent out..........

You have no case based on "what if".

And, "even if", mold developed, that is a hard case to litigate.

You'll need damages and money, lots of money to pursue this.

So, BEFORE mold develops, IF IT DEVELOPS, you might wish to consider finding a new apartment.

Otherwise, I suggest you wait to see if the problem gets repaired.

If that doesn't satisfy you, you can discuss this with your apartment manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back