walking on wrong side of road

Status
Not open for further replies.

ljj70

last night a friend and i were walking to her house from mine and were stopped by our local police officer AND ARRESTED FOR WALKING ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE ROAD. is this even poof my possible? he had told one of my roommates that when my friend left he was gonna stop her and arrest her for anything he possibly can. so that why we were walking to her house. what can be done about this?

and then on thursday, i was arrested and taken to jail for NOT POSSESSING MY DRIVERS LICENSE. i have a license and its good i just didnt have it on me cause i have lost it and havent been able to find it as of that day. what do i do? he even told me that he would stop and arrest anybody that was driving my roommates vehicle. roommate has no license and cant drive so i drive him where ever he needs to go.

we are going tomorrow to file an official complaint on him with the cheif of police. need any advice possible

It sounds as if you have crossed someone.

In TX even minor traffic offenses are criminal offenses that can result in a custodial arrest. The fact that they have taken you to jail for committing these offenses, and the fact that they seem to know you and/or your roommate, tells me that the local cops have a problem with one of you. You should either mind your p's and q's very carefully, or, start saving up money for attorneys.

Perhaps you'd care to let us know what it is that has the local cops so fired up about you and/or your friend(s)?

think im gonna have to get a lawyer the cheif of police isnt wanting to talk to us about this at all were told by a friend that we needed to talk it before city council

think im gonna have to get a lawyer the cheif of police isnt wanting to talk to us about this at all were told by a friend that we needed to talk it before city council

Have you considered taking it to social media, television and radio stations, and the local newspaper?

walking on wrong side of street and not possessing my license
When you were stopped, WERE you walking on the wrong side of the street? (If it's like out here, if there is no sidewalk, you are required to be walking against the flow of traffic ... i.e. facing the oncoming traffic).

And, when you were driving, is it true that you did NOT have a license in your possession as required by law?

If both of these are true, while you or I might think of them as nitpicky, they are against the law and in TX can result in a custodial arrest as I understand it. Whether you can prove that you are being singled out unlawfully for action because of your relationship to a friend who has run afoul of another officer is something that could prove difficult.

And, yes, you might be able to bring it up the city council, but they will almost certainly be unable to speak openly about a personnel matter or act on it during an open council meeting. About all they MIGHT do is ask for the Chief to look into the matter and maybe report back to the mayor or the city manager - not to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back