waiver of notice

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidallen

my estrange father has just passed and his wife and stepson have been named as executrix of his will. the wife as first and the stepson as second, my brother and i are his only two blood kin and we have been asked to sign a waiver so the wife can begin the probate process. my brother and i live in north carolina and our father lived in alabama and had a small estate on our families land and we ( my brother and i ) feel that we should have some rights to our family land, but we are only named as two children from a past marriage in the will. we feel the estate should be distributed equally. being that it is not in the will,do we as his next of kin have any rights in this matter? thanks for any advice on this matter

Children can be disinherited by will and you admit that you were estranged. If the will is valid, his estate will be distributed in accordance with his wishes. What you "feel" is immaterial since it was his property to do with as he wished. He could have left it to the family dog.

my estrange father has just passed and his wife and stepson have been named as executrix of his will. the wife as first and the stepson as second, my brother and i are his only two blood kin and we have been asked to sign a waiver so the wife can begin the probate process. my brother and i live in north carolina and our father lived in alabama and had a small estate on our families land and we ( my brother and i ) feel that we should have some rights to our family land, but we are only named as two children from a past marriage in the will. we feel the estate should be distributed equally. being that it is not in the will,do we as his next of kin have any rights in this matter? thanks for any advice on this matter
by estranged i mean that i'm now 43 and lived with him only 4 or 5 years as a child,my parents separated when i was 2. we have kept in touch over the years but i have not lived with him since ages 10 through 13. where at that age he was a bad parent and was very abusive (Drinking and beating) and thats the reason we are estranged because he beat us like we were men at the size of a child and i found it hard to love the man who did this and never asked for forgivness. i'm sure that in the (legal world) that means nothing but in the moral word i feel just

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back