Wage Garnishment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dtaylor99

I will make this as short as possible. I received a secured cash advance back in May 2005. I failed, not intentionally, to respond to any communication and did neglect (also not intentionally) to pay the loan back. The reason I did was after I received the loan my husband took very ill, he suffered a massive heart attack, and shortly after I lost my dad very unexpectedly, therefore needless to say nothing else was on my mind.

In February I received a Civil Action along with a Summons which request within 15 days my Answer back and STATES if I did not answer then futher action would be taken such as attachment of wages (which is what happened). Well I did send back my Answer to the Justice of the Peace court (twice on two seperate dates as a matter of fact) admitting that I do owe the money along with a letter stating why I still never paid because of the above and if I could work out some payment arrangements. Well I never heard back until I received a Wage Garnishment from work.

I HAVE CONTACTED THE LOAN COMPANY AND FELT THIS GARNISHMENT WAS ENTERED WRONGLY AGAINST ME WITHOUT GIVING MY ANSWER AND BENEFIT BEFORE THE GARNISHMENT.

Is there anything I can do now, Can I get the Garnishment lifted since they never gave me the benefit of trying to make payments?

I know this is late, but they were asking you to pay the debt not why you did not pay the debt. The notice was to inform you that you would be garnished if the debt was not paid correct? If so, it is too late. Also, make sure when you respond to such notoices you do so registered mail...then follow up to verify it has been received. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back