WA Aircraft Ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsstultz

A couple day ago I was driving from Seattle to Spokane. Right about Moses Lake I was stopped for speeding. The WSP Officer told me that an aitcraft had gotten me in the 90's. He wrote the ticket for 81, and marked aircraft on it. Now, I admit that I was speeding, but what he said is simply impossible. After leaving Ellensburg, about 50 miles back, I had my cruise set for just under 80, so I know that there is no way that I was doing 90. Based on what the officer said, I am wondering if he got the wrong car. In fact, I doubt that I was doing 81, my cruise was set for just under 80, but I could have been. Do I have any grounds to fight the ticket based on what I was told about going 90?

Thanks

No. Your best bet is to ask for a mitigation hearing and get a reduction. If you fight the ticket, you can do a discovery and subpoena both officers. Your defense would depend on what you find out during discovery and their testimony. In WA you need to hire an attorney if you really want to fight the ticket. Usually runs around 300.00.

The thing is that I really don't want this to show on my auto insurance. If I contest it and lose, can I defer it? I have never used a deferment.

Thanks

You can only take a deferment once every seven years. The problem is that if you receive another ticket in the next year, both of them will go on your record. You might want to save it for later. If you contest and lose, you cannot then take a deferment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back