Vehicle Repossession voluntary repo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

amercado605

Recently I had purchsed a car under my sister in laws name so I would be able to be put under my brothers insurance policy. I am co signer on the vehicle but not on the title. I have been making the payments and put the money down on the vehicle. My brother and his wife have split and he is removing her name off the insurance so she wants the car voluntarily repossessed out of spitefullness. The car was purchased at a buy here pay here dealership. They said they can't sign over the car to me because the car is not yet paid off and can't credit my money back to me. Is she able to have the car repossessed even if I am up to date on the payments? If the car is repossessed, is there any way to go about getting back the money I put down and payments I have made possibly through court?

Good luck with this. The best you can do is to try to get the money back - or some of it - via discussion. Going to court will be challenging. With regard to repossession, if everyone admits it's your car, why isn't it going to you and being signed over? I fear you may have some hurdles in court.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back