Voluntary Repo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjm626

My boyfriend went to purchase a car from a small "buy here pay here" dealer. Since I live with him the dealer made him put me on the loan even though the dealer knew I am unemployed. The car was a lemon from the start so we gave the car back along with the keys.
We recieved a letter saying the car was auctioned off, and that we owe $6336.16, and that the dealer intended to file suit against us.
I was wondering if there is anyway we could fight this? If he gets a judgement I will have to file bankruptcy.

Are you trying to say that the dealer took advantage of you because he knew your financial situation? I'm not sure what there is to fight. You purchased a car with money that you didn't pay back. I'm very sorry to hear about the problem but I don't know what you can do except tell that to the dealer and see what you can work out.

Originally posted by tjm626
My boyfriend went to purchase a car from a small "buy here pay here" dealer. Since I live with him the dealer made him put me on the loan even though the dealer knew I am unemployed. The car was a lemon from the start so we gave the car back along with the keys.
We recieved a letter saying the car was auctioned off, and that we owe $6336.16, and that the dealer intended to file suit against us.
I was wondering if there is anyway we could fight this? If he gets a judgement I will have to file bankruptcy.

Well thanks for nothing a**hole. Lawyers are scum anyway. They get rich off of human suffering, pain, and desperation.:mad:

Originally posted by tjm626
Well thanks for nothing a**hole. Lawyers are scum anyway. They get rich off of human suffering, pain, and desperation.:mad:

Um.... I really don't feel this type of stuff is really needed.

He told you what you maybe didn't want to hear, but it's probably as close to the truth as what can be told.

What exactly do you want the car dealer to do? Regardless if he knew your financial situation or not, you signed, and you are responsible for the debt, as well as your spouse, or co-leaser/signer.

I think all the law prof. was tryin' to say, is there isn't much you can do here. It sux, but that's just how things are.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back