visiting a friend out of country Please I need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

nchristian

I have physical custody of my daughter, she has never seen her father. I have paper for child support stating he is the non- custodial parent. Plus the birth certificate and she has my last name as well which i doubt makes a difference. I dont want to go to court if i dont need to i just want to visit a friend in canada. Is that enough to show proof of custody. I just want to know if that is enough to pass the border the statement on the child support paper stating he is the non-custodial parent. Please someone can they help. I live in California.

Thank you

I don't know all the details regarding your situation nor do I know what you are planning to do with regard to the lawfulness of your daughter being taken over state lines without the consent of the non-custodial parent. You should be aware of the Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act, which deals with the problems of taking a child out of the state. You should do a search here and you will find out information regarding the UCCJEA.

All I am doing is wanting to visit a friend. That is it. And the thing with the father he has never been apart of her life ever. She is almost 8 yrs old. Not once has he tried to contact me regarding seeing her, not to mention he could care less where or what she does. And there has never been a court order for custody. I am not taking my daughter out of country to run from anyone, I have nothing to hide. And second of all I could easily go to court to get legal custody. but that is a drawn out ordeal and i dont want to subject my daughter to that kind of stress. Her father dont want her part of his life period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back