Visitation explanation

Status
Not open for further replies.

susanbowler

I am hoping that someone out there can provide with some quick help. We live in Florida and my son was just found to be the Primary custodial parent of his 4 year old son, with the mother having limited visitation. Can anyone provide me with the legal definition of limited visitation? The child's mother does not have a phone and when she had him previously we never knew how to contact her. She constantly broke promises about when she would bring him back. Now that the court has given her LIMITED visitation I just need to know if we have to let her have him whenever she wants him. This poor confused 4 yr old told us last night that he doesn't want to go to mommy's house, because she won't let him come back. Please, please help!
Thank you...Susan:confused:

In checking all of the papers again, the only thing that the papers say is that she has "Limited Visitation" nothing is explained and I'm just not sure what this means. My grandson's mother actually came over tonight and tried to forcibly remove him from the home, we got him back in his room watching tv and had to call the police! He was not aware of any of this, thankfully. In the end she had to leave (without my grandson), but the police officer was not able to explain what the "Limited Visitation" meant either.
Please help me if you possibly can.
Thank you,
Susan:(

Make sure that an incident was filed with the police. Limited visitation is usually spelled out by the judge. It means visits at limited times and durations and it sounds like there is no shared custody either. It may mean supervised visitation as well. I can't really explain to you what the answer is since I think only the court would have the answer, somewhere in their records or the transcript. I think it should have been in the order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back