Arraignment, Bail, Bonds, Pretrial Violation of Probation

Karyn

I know a woman very well who received a DUI fines, counseling, classes and a year of probation. This woman, a good friend, did not get the hardship license-couldn't find papers need-husband severely ill-transplant rejected-became double amputee two little children. She became obviously depressed but wouldn't discuss it. Fear of continued court-ordered counseling is my guess. Evidenced all signs of clinical depression. Also severe financial issues. A few weeks prior to end of probation she picked up children with suspended license--somehow probation found out and issued warrant-she was arrested and refused bail. I've never heard of keeping someone who isn't a flight risk being forced into jail until case comes up. I've known murder charges against people who receive bail high of course. Does this sound fair or is it violation of probation so tough with the circumstances and continuing exigent circumstances at home?

I know a woman very well who received a DUI fines, counseling, classes and a year of probation. This woman, a good friend, did not get the hardship license-couldn't find papers need-husband severely ill-transplant rejected-became double amputee two little children. She became obviously depressed but wouldn't discuss it. Fear of continued court-ordered counseling is my guess. Evidenced all signs of clinical depression. Also severe financial issues. A few weeks prior to end of probation she picked up children with suspended license--somehow probation found out and issued warrant-she was arrested and refused bail. I've never heard of keeping someone who isn't a flight risk being forced into jail until case comes up. I've known murder charges against people who receive bail high of course. Does this sound fair or is it violation of probation so tough with the circumstances and continuing exigent circumstances at home?

What you've described is a person being JAILED to await a revocation hearing.
The person you described endangered her children and others driving without a license, contrary to her probation directives, and most assuredly without insurance as insurance companies won't insure you without a valid DL.
As a probationer, its up to the sentencing judge whether she gets bail or not.
Her public defender can argue, eventually, for a bail reduction.
Some people refuse to learn better ways to cope and live with others in a freee society, so out overlords lock them away to protect us underlings.

Back