Jail violation of probation/felony charge

Status
Not open for further replies.

jess2

A friend is in Fresno county jail since 09/18/2014 for suspension probation & new felony charge impersonate a person for money i know he had signed a 3year lid before his last arrest please let me know what is or might or could happen to him. Please what other options do he have ? Rather not get sent to prison please help thanks.....

A friend is in Fresno county jail since 09/18/2014 for suspension probation & new felony charge impersonate a person for money i know he had signed a 3year lid before his last arrest please let me know what is or might or could happen to him. Please what other options do he have ? Rather not get sent to prison please help thanks.....

He could bond his way out of jail, maybe.

The judge might release him on his "promise" to appear (highly unlikely).

He could be found not guilty at trial.

He could be sentenced to serve out his original sentence, a portion of same, or anything in between, PLUS a couple more years for the new charges.

In all likelihood, he probably won't be in that long.

How long is "that long"?

Oh, less than four, maybe three years, if he gets that!

With a little luck, he might be home for Christmas or New Years, 2015.

It is hard to get Fresno County to keep anyone in custody. Your friend is likely looking at something much more than a slap on the hand.
All anyone can do is guess about the outcome, but I can tell you that his being held in custody this long already is significant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back