Violation of privacy??

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdowning

I was recently banned from using my cell phone for a specific amount of time from my place of employment. My boss is now demading that I submit to her a detailed bill for the month of August to prove my innocence. She states that she has recieved 3 "complaints" of this usage but she refuses to tell me the dates and times. Therefor is it a violation of my privacy to submit this? Or do I have to relinquish the bill? She has no proof that it has occured other than her stating that she was told this by an unknown person. If I do not give the bill is that reason for termination?

I should also add that there has been other issues at my place of employment. In my opinion there is personal issues that my boss has against me that have nothing to do with the workplace. I have been being disciplined recently for things that my other co-workers do and that has nothing to do with job performance. Its almost like she is knit picking to get me fired.

Im unsure what to do to not lose my job...you advice would be appreciated

There is no law I know of that makes your cell phone bill protected information or makes it an invasion of privacy to ask for it. Yes, you can legally be terminated for refusing. She may have no proof that you violated the ban, but without the bill you have no proof that you didn't.

It's up to you whether to give her the bill or not, but you have nothing to lose if you do and your job to lose if you don't. Up to you which is more important to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back