Drug Crimes, Substance Abuse Violation of pretrial intervention program

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jdoe123

Bay Minette, AL
I was arrested with a small amount of LSD on May 7th, 2010. On May 28th, I entered the pretrial intervention program. I have done everything in compliance with the courts requests. I call my bail bondsmen every week, I pay my court fees on time every month, passed all of my court ordered drug tests, I am in a drug treatment rehab, I have a job and will be getting a second job when i finish my rehab next week. Everything has gone fine, except for a drug test taken at my rehab that came back false positive for THC on August 12th. When I went to court to check in last week (Sept. 29th), the judge decided that I had violated my pretrial agreement and set an adjudication hearing for November 17th. I'm at a loss of what to do. I will be done with my rehab treatment next week, so the judge will see that when i go back. I am getting a hair follicle test done that will test for drugs up to three months, which would be a month before the positive test came back at my rehab. I am also contacting the lab that my court sends drug tests to (which is different from the lab my rehab sends them to) to see what they have to say about my rehab not conducting proper procedure for specimen collections: they collect up to 5 samples at once and do not seal or bag the samples in front of the client. Also, on the form of the drug test that came back positive, there was a note that said the sample had a torn label. The nurses that administer my drug tests for court told me that if there were any torn labels, the lab can not accept the sample because it could have been tampered with. I am also getting letters from my rehab councelor, employers, and having character witnesses give statements at my adjudication hearing. What else can i do to help my case? What is going to happen when i go back on November 17th?
Thank you for your time and any advice is greatly appreciated

Bay Minette, AL
I was arrested with a small amount of LSD on May 7th, 2010. On May 28th, I entered the pretrial intervention program. I have done everything in compliance with the courts requests. I call my bail bondsmen every week, I pay my court fees on time every month, passed all of my court ordered drug tests, I am in a drug treatment rehab, I have a job and will be getting a second job when i finish my rehab next week. Everything has gone fine, except for a drug test taken at my rehab that came back false positive for THC on August 12th. When I went to court to check in last week (Sept. 29th), the judge decided that I had violated my pretrial agreement and set an adjudication hearing for November 17th. I'm at a loss of what to do. I will be done with my rehab treatment next week, so the judge will see that when i go back. I am getting a hair follicle test done that will test for drugs up to three months, which would be a month before the positive test came back at my rehab. I am also contacting the lab that my court sends drug tests to (which is different from the lab my rehab sends them to) to see what they have to say about my rehab not conducting proper procedure for specimen collections: they collect up to 5 samples at once and do not seal or bag the samples in front of the client. Also, on the form of the drug test that came back positive, there was a note that said the sample had a torn label. The nurses that administer my drug tests for court told me that if there were any torn labels, the lab can not accept the sample because it could have been tampered with. I am also getting letters from my rehab councelor, employers, and having character witnesses give statements at my adjudication hearing. What else can i do to help my case? What is going to happen when i go back on November 17th?
Thank you for your time and any advice is greatly appreciated

No one can predict the future.
It appears you are doing all you can to ensure this mistake is corrected.
If you have been in the presence of others that were smoking ILLEGAL substances, it could impact your test result.
Other than a false positive, that seems to be the only other explanation, absent laboratory error.

One more thing, sometimes courts will say that you tested positive, when you didn't.
This is done to see if you're progressing on program, and in anticipation of realeasing you from the program early!
In other words, this just might be a legal rope a dope.
But, you're clean, so it'll only make you look better!

Good luck, and stay sober!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back