Violation of Divorce Agreement

Status
Not open for further replies.

KCB19

My wife is divorced about 15 years now. 2 kids. Child support is removed from ex-husbands paycheck as he proved himself to be less that trustworthy when it came to paying for his children. In the divorce agreement it clearly states that these payments of support apply to basic living costs. Other expenses, medical, dental, school supplies, etc. will be split evenly between the two parents. The problem is that my wife hands out money for my step kids and rarely receives anything from the ex. He will give her a portion from time to time and recently post dated a check to cover some costs which he stopped payment on:mad: Is there any simple way of handling this issue? He has recently relocated to NC which makes it even less likely she will see any of the money that he is supposed to pay. Any advice is appreciated.

If you feel there is a violation of the judgment in the lawsuit, take the scoundrel back to court for contempt.

See a lawyer for details.

Trying to avoid the costs of a lawyer. I thought there was a venue where one could persue such a violation w/out legal representation. The problem is that the cost of the lawyer would likely exceed any compensation that she receives. Is it possible to have the sherrif pay him a visit if a complaint is filed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back