Alcohol & Drugs: DUI, DWI Violation of Alcohol Restriction

Yankeefan5482

Jurisdiction
North Carolina
Received a letter from NCDMV about violations on my interlock ignition system. Says I must request a hearing by 07/07. I talked to a lawyer who will take care of it but I can't come up with the down payment to retain his services before then and he won't go ahead and write a letter for me. My question is are there an examples of a letter I can send the DMV to request a hearing so I can keep my license until I can come up with the payment for my lawyer? If not how should I go about wording the letter? Thanks

You can bet that anything you mail on July 5 is not likely to arrive anywhere or be processed by July 7.

I found the following on the DMV website:

"How do I Request a Hearing?
If your driver license suspension / revocation requires a hearing and you are eligible to request one, call the Division at (919) 715-7000 to set this up."

Call that number first thing Tuesday morning. I don't know if that'll work for you. If it doesn't then I suggest you visit the DMV on Tuesday with your letter and say "I want a hearing."

There may be a form or something there for you to fill out, or the clerk might just be able to set it up for you.

Rh
You can bet that anything you mail on July 5 is not likely to arrive anywhere or be processed by July 7.

I found the following on the DMV website:

"How do I Request a Hearing?
If your driver license suspension / revocation requires a hearing and you are eligible to request one, call the Division at (919) 715-7000 to set this up."

Call that number first thing Tuesday morning. I don't know if that'll work for you. If it doesn't then I suggest you visit the DMV on Tuesday with your letter and say "I want a hearing."

There may be a form or something there for you to fill out, or the clerk might just be able to set it up for you.

Thanks for the quick response. The letter I received just says it has to be postmarked by the 7th. So I guess I'll go ahead and write a letter and send it off Tuesday morning and call to be on the safe side. I just have problems with wording out things like this. I guess I could just say that I request a hearing concerning my violations?

Back