violating a protection/ restraining order

Status
Not open for further replies.

dixlynn57

My son was arrested for violation of a protection order, he goes in front of the judge tomorrow. He was living with his ex-girlfriend in her parents house, sleeping on the couch. He had lost his job about a month ago and was looking for work while taking care of their son while she was at work and school. I just found this out the other day when I talked to him that he also had been calling her names and going through her phone and her purse trying to find out who she is seeing and talking to. What made her parents call the cops was they found him listening out side her bedroom window on the out side of the house standing on a ladder. I am just concerned that he may have to do jail time.

Without specifically being aware of what prompted the order and what its terms are, I suspect this would be considered a minor violation and would be considered a misdemeanor. I suggest he plead not guilty and request a PD.

Contact the county or district court in your area about procedures for obtaining protective orders. Appear at the appropriate time without the person to be restrained and explain to the judge why you want a protective order. You must show that there was a threatened, attempted or completed assault, or bodily harm against you. It is required that you tell the court, at least, about the most recent incident.

In this case though OP is not concerned about how to get a protection order. OP's son violated a protection order & OP is concerned/wondering about the consequences he might face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back