Parole, Probation Violated Probation??

Status
Not open for further replies.

TakeTheSky

My friend and I were driving to a McDonalds early in the morning. I was extremely tired from work, and was afraid I would fall asleep at the wheel if I tried to drive. We had stopped at a friends house prior, only staying for a maximum of 15 minutes, where she had a sip or so of Mike's Hard. I only had one small sip before asking her to leave, as I felt very uncomfortable there. On our way to McDonalds, we were stopped. My friend doesnt have a drivers license, only her temporary license, but I have my drivers license. When breathalized, I tested triple zeros, but she tested an extremely low .01 or so. We are both 16 years old, but I will be 17 in March.
My friend is currently on probation for an assult charge, and got cited with underage consumption, and something about driving without a license. I was wondering what would happen to her, since I'm extremely worried she'll be put in a juvinile detention center for a while. She's my best friend, and while we were at fault, I only let her drive because I was so exhausted I was going to fall asleep at the wheel or pass out from not eating all day, and she got charged while I did not.

What will happen to her? Juvie, or is there any way to get classes or community service?
It happened in Lake County, Ohio.

She must inform her parents, as they are required to appear with her.
She pleads not guilty, has mommy hire a lawyer, or asks the judge to appoint one if they are too poor and qualify for a public defender.
Then she SHUTS UP (you too) and waits.

Same for you, too.

Don't explain any of this, just REMAIN SILENT.

That explanation will only get you CONVICTED, so SHUT UP and wait and get a lawyer.

They likely told the officer they "only had a sip" which led to the citation.

Anyway, it it's extremely unlikely your friend will do any time in jail over this. A fine and some community service hours are most likely.

Follow army judge's advice - Mom needs to get a lawyer for her, she needs to plead not guilty. She should only talk to the lawyer. The lawyer will get her the best outcome possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back