1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Vinyl or Plasti-dip partially covering taillights

Discussion in 'Speeding Tickets, Traffic & Moving Violations' started by Gtate079, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Gtate079

Gtate079 Law Topic Starter New Member

Jurisdiction:
    Arizona
    I have not had any problems as of yet. But I want to white-out my taillights and have a design showing my red brake, Amber turn signal, and white backup lights. I'll post a picture of what I want it to look like. I want to know if it is legal before I spend the time and money doing it. Also I was thinking about doing the same to the 3rd brake light as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Attached Files:

2. mightymoose

mightymoose Moderator

The shape of the light is not important. What matters is that it is the correct color and visible from the correct distance.

Gtate079 likes this.
  3. army judge

army judge Super Moderator

You should ask your county sheriff, local police, highway patrol, or hire a local attorney.

4. adjusterjack

adjusterjack Super Moderator

Arizona Revised Statute 28-925. Tail lamps
    A. A motor vehicle, trailer, semitrailer and pole trailer and any other vehicle that is being drawn at the end of a train of vehicles shall be equipped with at least one tail lamp mounted on the rear. When lighted as required by this article, each tail lamp shall emit a red light plainly visible from a distance of five hundred feet to the rear

Scotch tape your design to your taillights, walk back 500' and see what it looks like.

Then, if you still want to do it, understand that when you are driving 10 miles over the limit like everyone else, you'll be the first one that a cop sees. :D

Last edited: Oct 22, 2017