Vinyl or Plasti-dip partially covering taillights

Gtate079

Jurisdiction
Arizona
I have not had any problems as of yet. But I want to white-out my taillights and have a design showing my red brake, Amber turn signal, and white backup lights. I'll post a picture of what I want it to look like. I want to know if it is legal before I spend the time and money doing it. Also I was thinking about doing the same to the 3rd brake light as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Attachments

• 20171014_201309.jpg
    20171014_201309.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 9
I have not had any problems as of yet. But I want to white-out my taillights and have a design showing my red brake, Amber turn signal, and white backup lights. I'll post a picture of what I want it to look like. I want to know if it is legal before I spend the time and money doing it. Also I was thinking about doing the same to the 3rd brake light as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

You should ask your county sheriff, local police, highway patrol, or hire a local attorney.

Arizona Revised Statute 28-925. Tail lamps
A. A motor vehicle, trailer, semitrailer and pole trailer and any other vehicle that is being drawn at the end of a train of vehicles shall be equipped with at least one tail lamp mounted on the rear. When lighted as required by this article, each tail lamp shall emit a red light plainly visible from a distance of five hundred feet to the rear

Scotch tape your design to your taillights, walk back 500' and see what it looks like.

Then, if you still want to do it, understand that when you are driving 10 miles over the limit like everyone else, you'll be the first one that a cop sees. :D

Last edited:
Back