Vindictive Threats

milesa85

Jurisdiction
Georgia
My husband and I are separated. I am currently living with my mother-in-law I am not recieveing any support from my children's father because he is in jail. I am working and saving up money for my three children and I to get a place of our own. I have a 12 month protective order against their father as well in the,event that he were to get out of jail while I was still living here to prevent any complications. Well, my husband's father who is divorced from his mother and lives about 15 minutes from here. Has been constantly threatening me with DFACS. I am so sick of it. It is so stressful. I know that there is no reason DFACS would take my children but it scares me because I do not know the process. If claims are made even if are false claims what happens??? Will DFACS just come and remove the children until claims are proven not true??I can't even imagine what kind of things he would possibly say to even justify his actions. I am a single mom working hard to care for my children. This has been hard on everyone but I am doing everything I can to care for my children. They are happy healthy and doing well in school. They a normal wonderful kids I love them so much and I don't want them to go through any unnecessary changes and stress. I have contacted my attorney that helped me with the protective order and I am waiting to hear back. I want this man to leave me and my children alone. Let us live in peace we've been through enough!

Ignore the threats. If there is no evidence of anything wrong DFACS is not going to take the kids on the word of one disgruntled individual.

Ignore the threats. If there is no evidence of anything wrong DFACS is not going to take the kids on the word of one disgruntled individual.
Thank you, it just stresses me out everything I've had to go through I always assume the worst.

Time for you to seek another order of protection against the scoundrel who is harassing you via calls and texts.

Or, you can change your number, or just block the cowardly bully's telephone number.

Harassing phone calls

(a) A person commits the offense of harassing phone calls if such person telephones another person repeatedly, whether or not conversation ensues, for the purpose of annoying, harassing, or molesting another person or the family of such other person; uses over the telephone language threatening bodily harm; telephones and intentionally fails to hang up or disengage the connection; or knowingly permits any telephone under such person's control to be used for any purpose prohibited by this subsection.

(b) Any person who commits the offense of harassing phone calls shall be guilty of a misdemeanor.

Back