Video / Music copyright question - please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

firefox2308

Hello, I have a couple questions about the use of videos and music.

(1) Can I compile a YouTube video that uses a few short video clips from CNN and NBC covering a very similar company as mine? The purpose is just to show that this industry is real and legitimate. And have a simple watermark across the video with my logo and website address on it. This video would also be embedded from youtube onto my companies website.

Since some people may think it's implying my company was in the video clips, I would have a disclaimer at the end of the video stating something like "this video was solely used for educational purposes of this industry in general. We, in no way, imply (company name) was being referred to in these videos. All material, logos and trademarks in video are property of their respective owners. Video represents no endorsement, approval, or partnership between the companies in this video and (company name).

(2) Is it ok to use a small 20 second clip of an artists song in the video mentioned above. In the disclaimer at the end, the proper copyright credit would be displayed to the owner of this song.

Thank you so much for any advice/help you can offer. It is very much appreciated.

Last edited:
You must have permission to use copyrighted materials.

Is a CNN video clip copyrighted where someone can't just post a small clip on youtube? It's not like anyone is distributing the material. Were you talking about the music or the video? The company that the video is about, displays the CNN video on their website.

...Is a CNN video clip copyrighted where someone can't just post a small clip on youtube? It's not like anyone is distributing the material. ...

You didn't really say that did you?

:eek:

Is a CNN video clip copyrighted where someone can't just post a small clip on youtube? It's not like anyone is distributing the material. Were you talking about the music or the video? The company that the video is about, displays the CNN video on their website.

If you don't understand that posting something on the internet is distributing the material universe-wide, then you are sadly mistaken.

:blush

How come there are thousands of youtube videos from CNN and many other news stations? Are they all illegal and awaiting to be removed?

How come there are thousands of youtube videos from CNN and many other news stations? Are they all illegal and awaiting to be removed?

I wouldn't have the slightest idea.

Thanks for the info.

If anyone else has any more input concerning this matter, I'd like to hear it. To me, my question is unresolved. It's hard to believe that so many people post copyrighted videos on youtube and they aren't being taken down due to copyright claims.

Last edited:
What's the most they could do in a situation mentioned above? If it's just a request to remove the video, that would be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back