Property Invasion, Damages, Trespass victom of vanalism needs help

Status
Not open for further replies.

fletcher

a week ago my fiancee got in a fight with her sister over a family matter later that day the sisters boyfriend shows up at my house making threats against me and the car parked in front of my place which isn't even mine it's the next door neighbors we have a witness to this and had asked the police to deliver a criminal trespass warrant to both the sister and her boyfriend then two days later he shows up at around 2a.m. jumps out of what looks like the sisters car and kicks the window out of the car it has been almost two weeks and they finally found the guy he claims to have an alibi so now the cops are threatening us with arrest for lying to them the problem is we're not lying i saw the guy do it out my front window the alibi is bull can they really do this it's ridiculous to threaten a victim f a crime with jail or is it just me I would appreciate any advice on how to handle this situation
thanks in advance
Fletcher

Last edited:
Did the cops tell you why they believed the guy over you? Maybe their investigation has found witnesses supporting the guy's alibi. If your facts don't check out completely the cops can deny to pursue the case and question you for wasting their time. Just a small exaggeration can put your credibility into question if the cops catch up on it. Cops have procedures and a lot of cases…….they hate to see anything which seems fishy. Just be patient and work with them…………Cops would not necessarily be on your side because you complained. They check both sides. If that guy is manipulating you all and the cops don't believe you, talk to a lawyer about it. It cost money but it might be worth it. You don't want an unnecessary arrest on your record it the cop do what you say.

no exaggerations

they haven't even checked out his alibi that's what pissed me off he just said he had one and they started talking about if we were lying we would be arrested it's ridiculous they started doing it as we were doing the photo line up

Just stay calm and keep fighting if you feel threatened or have the time.......There is no way to know all what the cops know. Sometimes in the criminal justice system, the victim suffers like the perpetrator. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back