Victim of Equifax Data Breach

Geneé

Jurisdiction
Louisiana
To Whom It May Concern:

I'm seeking legal representation to help with the damages Equifax data breach of 2017 has caused.

Not until recently did I find out that I was a victim of this breach, and 'boy oh boy' does it all make sense now!

I guess this explains all the financial hardship and strange encounters that happened over the last 5 years. It's scary! It's violating! It's illegal! It's permanent! I need some help with this. If I handle it myself, I would only be compensated for a very minimal amount of compensation through the bureau.

Therefore, legal counsel is deemed necessary. I'm seeking an attorney to litigate this matter because my personal identification has been compromised, I've been given another social security number, I haven't any piece of information with any of the three bureaus that match one another. It's bad!

I am insured with Experian for up to a million. I was also insured and still insured at the time of this breach, therefore I'm seeking conversation for a claim to restore my personal identification and all damages it's caused because Equifax dropped the ball, and I just don't know how I'd ever do this on my own!

Can someone please help?

I look forward to speaking to you.

Thank you kindly,

I edited out your name and phone number. If you are concerned about identity theft, never put your personal information out on the internet.

You will have to search locally for appropriate attorneys. We cannot refer any.

To Whom It May Concern:

I'm seeking legal representation to help with the damages Equifax data breach of 2017 has caused.

Not until recently did I find out that I was a victim of this breach, and 'boy oh boy' does it all make sense now!

I guess this explains all the financial hardship and strange encounters that happened over the last 5 years. It's scary! It's violating! It's illegal! It's permanent! I need some help with this. If I handle it myself, I would only be compensated for a very minimal amount of compensation through the bureau.

Therefore, legal counsel is deemed necessary. I'm seeking an attorney to litigate this matter because my personal identification has been compromised, I've been given another social security number, I haven't any piece of information with any of the three bureaus that match one another. It's bad!

I am insured with Experian for up to a million. I was also insured and still insured at the time of this breach, therefore I'm seeking conversation for a claim to restore my personal identification and all damages it's caused because Equifax dropped the ball, and I just don't know how I'd ever do this on my own!

Can someone please help?

Thank you kindly,

Geneé

Genee...Please remove your identifying information...especially your phone number, from your post. This is a public site and you will end up with calls from nutjobs and scammers.

This site is not a referral site. Contact your State Bar Association for referrals.

Louisiana State Bar Association

You do not want an attorney that trolls advice sites for clients.

Can someone please help?

It might be too late.

I didn't read much of the information posted, I'll leave that to you.

On a personal note, my wife an I received $5.21 as compensation for the data breach.

I signed up as soon as the breach was announced.

Five years later, we each gor five bucks.

The GOOD news for us, unlike you, our data wasn't used by the hackers to bilk money and stuff against our credit.

So, we'll enjoy a couple StarBucks lattes on Equifax one day. LOL :D

In September of 2017, Equifax announced a data breach that exposed the personal information of 147 million people. Under a settlement filed today, Equifax agreed to spend up to $425 million to help people affected by the data breach. If you were affected by the Equifax breach, you can't file a claim just yet. That's coming. But you can sign up for FTC email alerts about the settlement at ftc.gov/Equifax.

Federal Trade Commission

https://www.ftc.gov/enforcement/cases-proceedings/refunds/equifax-data-breach-settlement

(Not sure that you were affected? The breach claims site will have a tool to let you check. Sign up for an FTC email update to find out when that tool is up and running.)

Benefits Available To You
If you were affected by the breach, you may be eligible for benefits.

1. Free Credit Monitoring or Cash Payment
You can get at least 4 years of free credit monitoring of your credit report at all three credit bureaus (Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion). On top of that, you can get up to 6 more years of free credit monitoring of your Equifax credit report. That's a total of 10 years of free credit monitoring. (Minors affected by the breach are eligible for even more free credit monitoring.)

If you have credit monitoring that will continue for at least 6 months and you decide not to enroll in the free credit monitoring offered in the settlement, you may be eligible for a cash payment. The amount you'd get will depend on the number of claims filed.

2. Reimbursement for Your Time and Other Cash Payments
You may be eligible for reimbursement and cash payments up to $20,000 for:

time you spent protecting your identity or recovering from identity theft, up to 20 hours at $25 per hour
money you spent protecting your identity or recovering from identity theft, like the cost of freezing or unfreezing your credit report or unauthorized charges to your accounts
up to 25% of the cost of Equifax credit monitoring or identity protection products you bought between September 7, 2016 and September 7, 2017
3. Free Identity Restoration Services
You are eligible for free identity restoration services for at least 7 years that you can use if someone steals your identity or you experience fraud.

Next Steps

The claims process will start after court approval. To learn more about the settlement, go to ftc.gov/Equifax. We'll update that page when there's new information.

You can also sign up to get FTC email updates about this settlement.

If you were affected by the breach, you may also receive an email notification after the court approves the settlement. The notification will provide more information about the settlement, the benefits available to people impacted, and how to request the services offered under the settlement.

Equifax Data Breach Settlement: What You Should Know

Yeah, I got 30 bucks for this as well via the class action, it takes more than what happened with the data breach to hit you hard. The thefts would have to have a drivers license or identification card with your name and details on it. They would then use that to open accounts in name, along with a SS# card which I assume yours has been compromised. From my understanding the companies will make good on any fraud as a result of this data breach.

Call the companies with the fraud accounts and see what their procedures are for getting them removed. Good Luck.

Back