Consumer Law, Warranties Verbal Contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

alkemie

I have a weird question. A friend of mine would like to break a verbal contract. She had agreed to let someone use her horse to breed a foal. When she agreed to this several things were said verbally, the most important being that the person who was getting the animal would raise the animal herself, would not sell it, and would not allow anyone to train the animal for the race track (my friend has fundamental issues with the treatment animals receive on the race track).

Over the course of time, the person who the verbal contract with my friend has proven she is untrustworthy. The foal is coming due, and this person tried to force my friend to sign a contract NOW saying that she can take my friends horse off her property to have the animal give birth and keep the animal somewhere else where my friend has to pay the board. She has also said verbally to others that if she needs the money, she will sell the baby to someone on the track to raise it.

How do you go about breaking a verbal contract? is there something she should do legally to make sure this person goes away? My friend is willing to pay this person the stud fee back (she actually hasn't even paid for all of that, they only get paid when the baby is born). We live in AZ but I don't know if that makes a difference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back