Verbal attack by attorney while working in utility easement by his hom

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiasMom

My Husband and I are sub-contractors who work in underground cable construction. The other day while working at a home we had to run a cable underground directly across the street from one cable pedestal to the other. In order to complete the task we must dig a hole (about 1'-2' in diameter) to retrieve the cable, which happened to be at the bottom of a non cable customers driveway (in the utility easement) . We spoke to the homeowner as he was leaving and explained to him what we had to do and that we would be sure to to fix his yard back the way we found it, he looked familiar to my husband and he informed us that he is an attorney who used to do commercials on T.V. and when asked if he is a current cable subscriber (to ensure that his cable would be affected by the work we were doing) he stated that "No! He HATES the cable company", I said I am sorry to hear that..everything was fine. He came back about 20 mins. later as were finishing up, I had almost finished repairing his yard and it looked very good (I have pictures) but apparently he did not think so. He stated "You better fix it better, B!T@#!", and started a tirade. My husband came over to where we were and started receiving the same thing. I grabbed my camera and started to video what was happening for documentation, in it my husband is trying to reason with this man and and the man proceeds to start verbally attacking him. In it you will see the man using serious fighting words, "White Trash".."Poor A$$ ditch diggers".."I'm so rich being an attorney I never need to see a client again".."Trailor Trash" And MUCH MUCH more, this went on for about 10 minutes. He stated that "if I kept pointing that camera at him he is going to grab it from me and smash it on the ground". We were there to do our job, we could not leave until it was completed and again we were in the utility easement the entire time (not his property). After he had threatened me the third time and called me a "B!T@!" numerous times my husband could not hold his emotions back any longer and did yell at him "What are you going to do?" My Husband is a veteran with PTSD, and this incident has inflicted serious emotional distress in both of us. We are not lowly "ditch diggers", but very hard working people..but that is beside the point. I want this man to attone in one way or a few for the pain this has caused, do I have a case? Not sure what legal category this falls under.

You can sue anyone, no real reason required related to the lawsuit.
In fact, I'm told this is practiced all over the US.
So, go ahead and sue.
In fact, you might even get sued by the "lawyer so rich he doesn't need to see clients" for many things.
He may have already told a different story to the cable company.
Will you prevail?
I don't see it happening, but anything's possible.

What are your actual, financial damages? You aren't going to win a lawsuit on hurt feelings alone.

nice

I tried to spam.
I failed.
Will no one be conned and buy my junk?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back