Consumer Law, Warranties Verbal Agreement to Start Our Own Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

crash

I once worked with a person that I had a verbal agreement to start our own company. It turns out this person took my ideas and in turn used them and decided to go into business with someone else whom he felt had better ties to the industry. They now have a successful business but I feel never would have succeeded if it were not for my training, business and equipment ideas. Do I have any potential to collect on any damages from our verbal agreement.

I once worked with a person that I had a verbal agreement to start our own company. It turns out this person took my ideas and in turn used them and decided to go into business with someone else whom he felt had better ties to the industry. They now have a successful business but I feel never would have succeeded if it were not for my training, business and equipment ideas. Do I have any potential to collect on any damages from our verbal agreement.

If you can prove that you had invested time for the purpose of going into a business, perhaps you can obtain compensation. You have a tough case to make even with emails, an incorporation, etc. My guess is that this may be a waste of a time investment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back