Verbal abuse and threat to threw me out of the house

Kvbee

Jurisdiction
Virginia
My husband is drugs and alcohol addict and mentally and verbally abusive every time he runs out of supplies. He is controlling and demands my reports every day, following his exact instructions, and extremely abusive with dirty language.
It doesn't matter if I comply with his orders, or not, he will create the reason to scream and yell at me. He also threaten to threw me out of the house and verbally forced me to leave in the middle of the night in a bathrobe and socks. Locked me out of the house and much more to bring up. The police can't do anything, other that ask him to be a good guy. They even didn't do a search for drugs in his garage. What I can do to protect myself?

It isn't s police matter yet.
You are in control here. You either choose to stay in this situation or you choose to leave it behind.

My husband is drugs and alcohol addict and mentally and verbally abusive every time he runs out of supplies. He is controlling and demands my reports every day, following his exact instructions, and extremely abusive with dirty language.
It doesn't matter if I comply with his orders, or not, he will create the reason to scream and yell at me. He also threaten to threw me out of the house and verbally forced me to leave in the middle of the night in a bathrobe and socks. Locked me out of the house and much more to bring up. The police can't do anything, other that ask him to be a good guy. They even didn't do a search for drugs in his garage. What I can do to protect myself?

You can leave and file for divorce. You're an adult. You aren't his slave. He doesn't own you. If you stay, you'll just get more abuse.

Domestic Violence Resources | Doorways for Women and Families

Virginia Domestic Violence Help, Programs and Statistics

Virginia Sexual & Domestic Violence Action Allianc / Welcome

See if any of this helps. Find a shelter. They can help you figure out what you need to do. Find a lawyer asap. Don't tell him what you're going to do.

The police aren't going to intervene until one of you assaults the other most likely.

Trust me - being married to or living with an addict does nothing but get worse. It will never get better.

Back