vehicle taken without permission

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

Daughter and husband live in AL. I'm in CT. She's filed a protection order against him and will be filing for a divorce. The car is in my name (title), was registered in my name. He took the car, put the plates back on, both sets of keys. I'm told via phone by the city police, I can't file it as stolen because I know who has it, nor can I file an undisclosed claim because I'm not there in person. He's driving without a lic. Car is currently unregistered and uninsured, as I was going to try and sell it. IF I get a power of attorney can she file a report? Also, he sent me a text saying ' no money - no car' for what he put into the car, again without my permission.

Daughter and husband live in AL. I'm in CT. She's filed a protection order against him and will be filing for a divorce. The car is in my name (title), was registered in my name. He took the car, put the plates back on, both sets of keys. I'm told via phone by the city police, I can't file it as stolen because I know who has it, nor can I file an undisclosed claim because I'm not there in person. He's driving without a lic. Car is currently unregistered and uninsured, as I was going to try and sell it. IF I get a power of attorney can she file a report? Also, he sent me a text saying ' no money - no car' for what he put into the car, again without my permission.

You have said too much.

You should have simply reported the car stolen, and not told the rest of the irrelevant details.

You might try hiring a repo agent to get the car back.

Otherwise, it'll mean a trip to Alabama.

You do legally own the car.

If there is a lien, you might discuss this with the lender.

They might be able to offer you a few tips.

The car is not stolen and police will have no interest. The nature of the relationship and his access to the car will prevent a stolen report.

If you know where it is hire a tow/repo to recover it for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back