Vehicle Loan Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

lessonlrnd

I signed for a vehicle loan for my ex boyfriend's truck; I had been with him for 4 1/2 years and he had even purchased an engagement ring so I thought I could trust him. Fast forward 4 months, found out he was cheating on me and lying like crazy. We broke up, and I told him he needed to get the truck in his name or find someone else to sign for it. He told me to give him a "few weeks." About 1 1/2 months later, I found the truck sitting in my driveway, no phone call or anything from him. Apparently he didn't want to deal with it.
So now it's my problem, I'm trying to sell it, loan is $22,000 but I will be lucky if I get $15,000 for it. I will have to take out a personal loan for the balance to pay the truck off. Can I take him to small claims court for the balance of the vehicle loan? We had a verbal agreement that it was his truck and he was to make the payments, I have bank deposits showing this and an email from him telling me that he "promised" he wouldn't let anything happen to the truck and would get it taken care of. The dealership where the truck was purchased from would probably vouch for me too that this truck was intended to be his.

What do you guys think? I'd appreciate any advice!!! THANK YOU!!

Yeah once you liquidate the truck and have a deficient balance you can sue him some small claim courts are 5000-7500 so you may have to eat some of the cost to-- however just because you get a judgement does not mean you get the check right then-- you will have to find out where he works and garnish him or locate bank accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back