Vacation Package

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greenbrr

I am a college student and earlier this year, in October, myself and two of my friends agreed on, and booked a trip to Cancun over spring break. The trip included a round trip plane ticket and 7 nights in a hotel for $850.00. Most of the bill ($ 2050) was paid on my debit card except for $500, which will be charged to my friend's credit card a month before we leave. Two months ago, the third party, who has not paid for, nor will be charged for any of the trip, backed out leaving myself and my friend with the bill and a plane ticket that has her name on it. She is now refusing to pay for her portion of the trip, and has been of little help in finding someone to replace her, and at this point in time it looks like finding a replacement will be close to impossible. Is there anything we can do to get her to pay me the $850 she owes me?

Perhaps you should send a written demand notice (always send certified mail, return receipt requested). For example, you can tell that person that they agreed to pay back the money which you fronted for the trip. To date they have not paid it back despite numerous demands, nor have they found a reasonably acceptable substitute that has paid for the trip. Unless you receive the money, this person will be charged interest for the unpaid amount from the date it was charged to your card and that, if you have to go to court, they will also be charged for reasonable attorneys fees, court costs, and any other damages including punitive damages. Might prompt them to move... but you never know. Unfortunately this happens sometimes and you have to be careful with your friends...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back