VA appeal denial

Gatorsmom78

Jurisdiction
Hawaii
My apologies if this is in the incorrect forum topic but I wasn't sure what category my question would fall under. I have searched this forum and online but can't seem to either find or understand what my next step could be.
I know I should have a VSO but I don't.

My question is in 2016 I was awarded my service connected disability rating for my original disability claim from 2013 which I then filed my appeal: Notice of Disagreement in May 2016. (within the one year timeframe)
After sending the NOD I mailed additional evidence to support my claim to increase in rating.

In 2017 I received a letter from VA asking if I wanted my appeal to go in RMA or something ? I'm not exactly sure what it said but it gave me a couple different options in which I had 60 days to respond. I chose my option immediately mailing the paperwork back.

It was my fault for not checking online sooner assuming the VA works slow but nonetheless November 2019 I went online to find the VA closed my appeal for my original claim filed in 2013. The information listed was they didn't receive the requested information they needed. Since i haven't been contacted by the VA I'm unsure what information was needed but whereas my appeal is closed since 2017 are there any recourses for me to appeal the Va appeal denial or is my only option to file a new claim?

If it's of any importance I have received zero communication from the VA.

Thank you.

The DAV has a help line you can call: (888) 390-2699, why not give them a call?

This is their website: How to Increase Your VA Disability Rating | DisabledVets.com

Of course, you can always contact the VA through their website:

File a VA disability appeal | Veterans Affairs

Many people just visit one the many VA Hospitals or local site.

Many government programs are set up to deny AL but the most severe claims the 1st or 2nd time.

Our WWI veterans had 85% of their disability claims denied.

Today, about 31% of VA claims are denied.
In fact it is said that 60% of the denials are made in error.

It behooves a person to appeal.

I filed my 1st claim and was awarded 1/2 of what i sought.

Upon appeal, I got 100% disability.

Go figure, because I can't.

Today things are changing because the VA believes that all injured veterans who have honorably served our country deserve disability benefits upon proper adjudication of their claim.

What does that mean?

It means, don't be discouraged, don't give up, hang in there, and appeal, appeal, appeal.

The government wants the applicant to PROVE his or her claim.

Whenever you send ANYTHING to the VA, always do so by US Priority mail, because you are able to prove the item was delivered.

Also keep good records of the claim process, take notes, and make copies for the VA and yourself.

If you haven't received a response after 21 days, write a follow-up letter (make sure you include copies of all prior communications with your follow-up letter).

Back