Arraignment, Bail, Bonds, Pretrial UUVM, Criminal Conversion?

Steeldragon72

I lent a vehicle to a family member, told him to bring back the vehicle at a specific time. He attempted to extort money from me for a false debt or he would not bring the vehicle back. The whole record of this incident was by cell phone texting. I refused to give him any money. I called the police and reported the vehicle stolen. He did not bring the vehicle back. It was found by the police five days later in one of the worst neighborhoods possible. The vehicle had been wrecked and someone had sprayed spray paint down the gasoline tank. I received my insurance estimate today, and the damage is $1800, provided there is no damage to the engine and/our fuel line/pump.At what charges will he be looking?

I lent a vehicle to a family member, told him to bring back the vehicle at a specific time. He attempted to extort money from me for a false debt or he would not bring the vehicle back. The whole record of this incident was by cell phone texting. I refused to give him any money. I called the police and reported the vehicle stolen. He did not bring the vehicle back. It was found by the police five days later in one of the worst neighborhoods possible. The vehicle had been wrecked and someone had sprayed spray paint down the gasoline tank. I received my insurance estimate today, and the damage is $1800, provided there is no damage to the engine and/our fuel line/pump.At what charges will he be looking?

Only the local prosecutor knows what charges, IF ANY, the alleged perpetrator could be facing.

Based solely upon what you posted, he might not be charged with anything.

He wasn't caught driving the car, the car appears not to be discovered in his possession, and there seems to be no proof that he damaged the car.

As far as him taking the car, you admit giving him permission to use the car.

If that stands the scrutiny of an investigation, this might end up being a civil matter.

In other words, you might have to sue him, and I'm sure he'll counter-claim against you for the alleged debt.

But, I'm just another dude on the internet that has no first hand knowledge of the events that transpired, and I'm certainly not the law in Indiana.

Well, same family is now facing multiple charges. He skipped out on parole a couple of years ago in one county and is wanted on a warrant there. In another county, he had a warrant for driving without a license. Last week, the law finally caught up with him, he was arrested trying to shop-lift and when the police officer approached him, he resisted. So, he's facing this new charge. What kind of time could he be facing? I know no one can say for certain, I'm just looking for an estimate.

Well, same family is now facing multiple charges. He skipped out on parole a couple of years ago in one county and is wanted on a warrant there. In another county, he had a warrant for driving without a license. Last week, the law finally caught up with him, he was arrested trying to shop-lift and when the police officer approached him, he resisted. So, he's facing this new charge. What kind of time could he be facing? I know no one can say for certain, I'm just looking for an estimate.

These days, he's not progressing as a professional thug.
In this case on the latest charge, he might get a few days in county jail, or simply more probation.
If parole is involved, he could get revoked and sent back to the big house.
Before any of that can happen, he has to be caught.

Back