Utility maintenance

Status
Not open for further replies.

hvbnh2008

My cousin lives in a mobile home park, where the owner pays for water, sewer and garbage. The electricity is provided directly to his mobile home by a service provider, who bills him directly each month. The problem is that the meter base is damaged and the provider asks him to replace it. He thinks it is the owner's job to repair or replace. Would you let me know who it is (the owner or my cousin) that should maintain the meter base? Thank you.

If he is renting, he should send written notice to the landlord requesting the repair. He should ask that it be repaired in a reasonable time, such as 30 days. If the landlord does not address the issue, he could pay to have it fixed and deduct the cost from rent. Again, that is after the landlord has a reasonable amount of time to resolve the issue first. Is the LL aware of the broken meter at this point?

Sorry for not making myself clear. My cousin is the owner of a mobile home (or manufactured home) in a park, where he pays rent on the land for his mobile home.

The landlord (park owner) told him that the park provides electricity to the meter. From the meter to his home is my cousin's responsibility to maintain. The damaged meter base is between the meter and his home; therefore, it is the job of my cousin to repair. Is the park owner correct in saying that? Please note that I pay electricity bills directly to the power company. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back