USPS package delivery (domestic) reacurring

Status
Not open for further replies.

UserXVI

The story started about 11-14 months ago when the Local USPS stopped delivering international packages and it was not a problem picking them up They started to have problems delivering the Package slips at first, so I went to the post office one day and they told me they cant give me the package without the slip-I complained through the USPS website and everything went back to normal for about 3 months.

Again the same problem, except this time I was met with resistance from the Local USPS workers, they would tell me that the package is still out or they just looked (lied) and nothing.
I got fedup with it and complained again, on the following day I came to the post office, there was a car with City plates parked in front and inside there where 4-6 postmasters walking about the post office while the whole workforce became nice and cooperative.

3 months has passed from that time, now I walk in, show them my ID and no problems, till now.

My problem this time is a Domestic package I ordered through eBay.com and paid with PayPal via instant transfer from CCard, they did provide a Peach Package slip in the mailbox, (they just bring the slips, they seldom deliver).

The name on the package is Jake Canada (a user-name I use for eBay) to protect my identity because of the real address and payment involved.
My name is not Jake or Canada.
Now they demand to see an ID with the name Jake Canada.

If possible I would like to take any feasible action to stop this insanity, sometimes I dont have any choice so the package is just sent to me through USPS.

Im completely out of idea's and I have simply had it.
How do I best handle this package problem.
How would you recommend taking care of this problem?

You have a problem. How is UPS supposed to determine whether the name or address on the package is incorrect? In addition, I believe that according to their terms you must use a real name (think of both theft and security/safety issues) in order to ship packages. I don't know how to handle this issue but the best way to handle is to have a business name and you won't have the same issue.

Think of it this way - let's say a package arrived for you, under your real name, and I tried to pick it up. That's why they ask for ID. In your case, they have no way to know that there is no such person. As far as they are concerned it's the same as if I tried to pick up your package at the PO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back