Used as a guinea pig

Jurisdiction
Colorado
A police officer is heard on body camera saying that they want to make arrests that day to help in training of a new officer before they question a suspect. Basically using a civilian as a guinea pig. Is that at all damning for the police officer or the legitimacy of the following arrest?

Thank you for any help or answers.

I realize that this is a pretty vague question. If there are any other specific details needed I will do my best to provide further information on this which is part of my own personal pending case. I hope that this is an appropriate forum for such a question. Thank you again.

I realize that this is a pretty vague question. If there are any other specific details needed I will do my best to provide further information on this which is part of my own personal pending case. I hope that this is an appropriate forum for such a question. Thank you again.
Do you have an attorney?

A police officer is heard on body camera saying that they want to make arrests that day to help in training of a new officer before they question a suspect.

The alleged statement can be interpreted your way, or as an innocuous statement which simply says a new officer can learn by effecting an arrest under a senior officer's tutelage.

I perceive the latter version, rather than thinking any officer would arrest an innocent person "to better train a rookie officer".

I'm told that I don't qualify for a public defender and I just can't afford the 5 to 10k I've been quoted.

Are YOU the alleged victim?

If you are, what charge(s) do you feel are bogus that have been lodged against you?

You say you don't qualify to be represented by a PD.

Is that because you earn too much money, or because the ALLEGED charge(s) is(are) a misdemeanor(s) or traffic citation(s)?

A police officer is heard on body camera saying that they want to make arrests that day to help in training of a new officer before they question a suspect. Basically using a civilian as a guinea pig. Is that at all damning for the police officer or the legitimacy of the following arrest?

Standing by itself it would not undermine the legitimacy of any arrest. Nothing in that statement suggests that officers would look to make arrests NOT supported by probable cause. If the arrest is supported by probable cause then the fact they also wanted to use the arrest as a training opportunity is not a violation of your rights.

Depends on the exact words and the specific circumstances of the arrest.

A police officer is heard on body camera saying that they want to make arrests that day to help in training of a new officer before they question a suspect.

This is what police officers set out to do every day, especially those who are responsible for training new officers. Nothing you've said suggests any wrong doing.

Back