USDA Loan Foreclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryanserves

I purchased my home in 2007 using a loan officer recommended to me by the union I am a member of...in 2010 the home was foreclosed on and a sheriff's sale took place. I have learned that there is now a collection agency coming after me for over $100k because USDA loans are personally guaranteed and not included in the mortgage forgiveness act. Can I sue the loan officer or brokerage firm for not advising me of this horrible side effect of a USDA loan?

Did you read your loan contract - was the information in there?

I purchased my home in 2007 using a loan officer recommended to me by the union I am a member of...in 2010 the home was foreclosed on and a sheriff's sale took place. I have learned that there is now a collection agency coming after me for over $100k because USDA loans are personally guaranteed and not included in the mortgage forgiveness act. Can I sue the loan officer or brokerage firm for not advising me of this horrible side effect of a USDA loan?

You don't need to waste time here.

No one here can help you.

If help is available to you, you need to consult with a bankruptcy attorney in your county.

Then you might also want to discuss your remedies (if there are any) with a real estate lawyer.

After you've chatted with them, they can refer you to other attorneys (perhaps), or lay out what they can do for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back