K Visa US Citizen marrying foreigner with P3 Visa

Status
Not open for further replies.

naijarus

I'm a US citizen from TX marrying a foreigner currently in the US legally with a P3 Visa work permit due to expire 12/06.

1. What forms are needed (adjustment of status) Is it the I130?
2. Is that all that is needed.
3. What is needed for her to get normal work authorization? Is it the I765
4. What is required if she would like to travel out of the country?

I haven't seen any others on this forum with a P3 visa status and was not sure if the process is the same.

I'm a US citizen from TX marrying a foreigner currently in the US legally with a P3 Visa work permit due to expire 12/06.

1. What forms are needed (adjustment of status) Is it the I130?
2. Is that all that is needed.
3. What is needed for her to get normal work authorization? Is it the I765
4. What is required if she would like to travel out of the country?

I haven't seen any others on this forum with a P3 visa status and was not sure if the process is the same.
I'm not an immigration expert but we will have lawyers here shortly who are. What are you trying to accomplish exactly? When are you getting married? I would assume she would want to obtain a green card which is why you'll need to get the I-130 filed and you may need the I-485 and I-765, the latter of which you had listed as well.

Hello and thanks for the reply. We are planning on getting married in the next few weeks. Her P3 visa allows her to work for only the current employer but her contract expires Dec 2006. So she will need to be able to work without any issues, then apply for the greencard and what additional will she need to be able to travel? Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Travel Document or Advanced Parole. Form I-131.

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/i-131.htm

I will consult with an immigration attorney first. I believe there is some language on this application that states something among these lines:

THIS DOCUMENT DOES NOT GUARANTEE REENTRY TO THE COUNTRY.

The information presented on this post SHOULD NOT be construed as legal advise:no:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back