Urgent Advise Needed! TX Pro Se Divorce Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

txmixup

In April, I filed a Pro Se divorce, my soon to be ex signed the Waiver of Citation and all 3 required copies of the final Decree of Divorce. She moved out in July '07 while I was at work but took only necessities with her when she left. We own nothing of real value just normal household items-furniture, applicances etc., so we had agreed on our own how to divide things between us.

In February, I acquired a pool table and a hot tub, she is now threatening to take everything including the items I got after our seperation and "leave me naked in the street". Texas is a community property state so I am not sure if she can legally claim/demand these items in the divorce. She has said that she will file a Writ of Attachment and bring the Constable to the house and load everything in the house into a moving truck. We had agreed that I would keep a bed, the living room furniture, a TV, my tools, camping equipment, hot tub and pool table. She was to get basically everything else, washer/dryer, refrigerator, microwave, kitchen items (dishes/pots & pans etc), a bed, and her personal belongings.

Our final Decree of Divorce states "The Court Finds that the parties do not own any community property of any significant value other then their personal effects." and "The Court Orders And Decrees that each party is awarded the personal effects presently in their possession at his or her seperate property."

The items that we had agreed she would get are still at the house, I want to stick to the original agreement that we made but she now says that she wants it ALL and that she WILL get it all. Can she get it ALL and/or can she stop the final divorce from going through since she already signed the final Decree. The required 60 day waiting period is up next week, I just want it over and done! I want to stick to our agreement on who got what and just move on with my life.

I desperately need to know what my legal rights are and what I can or need to do! Can someone help me find out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back