urgent - advice? is this a scam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgoulston

im selling my car for £800 and got this email from a potential buyer but it sounds dogey? can anyone advise me? ive heard about loads of scams and this sounds dogey:

the email:
Thanks for your mail,I am okay with the condition,I will like you top offer the car to me and to make the transaction fast and easy I will to know your last offer for it so as to instruct a client of mine to who was to sell the same , to send you the cheque payable in U.K bank containing the total sum of £3,000 in your name and you will then help to send the remaning balance to my personal assistant via western union money transfer who will get the shipper's paid in their local office as soon as the payment get through.so I will like you to flush me the name to be written on the cheque and also the address where the cheque will be mail to and your phone number .I will be expecting to read from you.ASAP.

regards
Dal.

You are right, this does not sound like a legitimate transaction for the sale of a car at all. A legit transaction should sound like this:

I give you the money - you give me the car.

Period.

I would drop this thing as I would drop a hot potato...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back