Deportation, Re-entry upcoming I485 interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

exodus

Hello experts
I've been going through removal proceedings for more than 6 years now, thank God my case was finally dismissed by an Immigration judge after a joint motion to dismiss was denied. The case was sent back to USCIS to process the I485. We have an approved I 130 already. My previous attorney told me that someone sent an anonymous email to ice stating my marriage was a sham but they still dismissed the deportation. I have 4 misdiminor 3 duis and a carrying a kitchen knife. We have a scheduled interview with uscis I'm freaking out about the whole deal I've lived here for 15 years, what are my chances of getting my application approved?

That's quite a history. You might want to talk to your attorney/an immigration attorney. You can hold for other replies.

EXODUS…

You were not quite clear in your post, but I can only presume that a Final Order of Removal was issued against you by an immigration judge, but you were later released from detention and placed into and had spent the last 6 years under an order of Supervised Release, because your deportation could not be completed within the statutory 90-day period.

But in any case, CONGRATULATIONS! For having the brass to petition the I.A. and be granted the much coveted Cancellation of final order of removal. Good for you!

But what I do not understand is your "freaking out" about the upcoming I-485 interview, when all you should be feeling really is extreme joy and to look forward to putting your life back together after the emotionally devastating and torturous drama that have been the past 7 or so years.

There are (currently) only two ways by way of which an alien who is under a final order of removal can adjust (or readjust) his status to (or back to) a Lawful Permanent Resident: one way is through an application for asylum, and the other is through marriage, which is what your application is based on. And the only outcome to be expected from the interview is approval of your application! And don't waste a second worrying about other outcome scenarios, including the phantom e-mail sent to immigration calling your marriage false.

In a nutshell; the removal order against you has been dismissed and you are now married to a U.S. Citizen. What? You think they are going to deny your application, nullify your marriage and place you back in removal proceedings?

So, just relax, enjoy your new found freedom and look forward to life in this beautiful United States.

Fredrikklaw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back