Unusual Small Claims Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

compass55

A girl a while ago instant messaged me through the internet. I talked with her for some time, although she was posing herself with a fake name. She said she desperately needed to borrow some money to pay for rent so I said I would lend it to her via western union, but since she didn't have an id, she said, she asked if I could send it to her cousin. Well, when I asked for it back, I traveled to Ohio, where she said she lived, and stopped by her home, and the person living there said she didn't know who I was talking about. Well, it turns out that she was indeed using a fake name, and the cousin was really her. Now I have emails of her using the fake name. I wonder if I can seek recourse for all the money I let her borrow through western union. And if so, do I file for small claims in Pennsylvania, where I live, or Ohio, where she lives? All the money transaction (which I am seeking $5,000 for) was done through western union from PA to OH.

So...do you now know her real name...and her address (so she can be served)?

Not to beat a dead horse but I'm amazed at the stupid things people do on a daily basis (i.e., sending money to someone they've only met through the internet).

Gail

are you being rude to everyone gail? The women probably scams people on a regular basis, doesn't mean he's stupid, just unfortunate.

Why don't you read some of my other postings to determine whether I am rude or not.

Yes, this woman probably does scam others because, well, there are quite a few stupid people on the internet. Unbelievable that someone would send a complete stranger $5,000.

File in Ohio. It's much easier to get someone served if you don't have to deal with the server crossing state lines.

Gail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back