Naturalization, Citizenship Unusual case for Dual Citizenship!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRBIGG

Well, this is going to sound like a "soap-opera" story, but it is true...never bothered me until recently.

This one goes back to 1966-67...my Mother married a US Soldier and one thing led to another and I was created and on the way....This man, my biological father was to be stationed in the Phillipines, and wanted my Mother to join him there...

My Mother is Canadian, and was opposed to moving to the Phillipines while pregnant, so they she shut him out...(I'm sure there are more details I don't know) and off he went....the split up...my Mom met another fellow, and when I was born had his name put on my Birth Certificate rather than my real Father's.

I didn't find out the truth until I was 16 or so...and to this day have never met my real Father....

Regardless if I ever meet him or not, I think I may be entitled to US citizenship as my Biological Father is American....I spend a lot of time in the US, and after this years 4th celebrations, I decided to look into what if any rights I have, and what procedures/processes I have to go through...

He is still alive, living in MO....

Any advice on this wierd one? I have no Idea where to even start!

I'd say that in order to apply for citizenship you would have to prove the identity of your biological father. In order to do this you'll first have to track him down. Once you have found him and you have confirmed that he is a citizen of the US by birth you will prob have to have your birth cert changed (registrar of births deaths and marriages) - this will probably require a DNA test and/or a stat dec from you biological father. Once you have your amended Birth Cert and relevant proofs of your father's identity then it would be relatively easy to apply for citizenship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back