Unpaid Tickets - Wa DOL Says I'm Clear?

JeffreyO

Jurisdiction
Washington
Hello!

Back in 2005/2006 I received two tickets, one for speeding and one for driving without a license (I had a license but it was out of state and they couldn't confirm it on their computer, I didn't have it on my person as I had recently returned from a tour in Iraq). Shortly after receiving those tickets I was sent abroad with the Army. While abroad I met my wife and after my discharge we moved to Thailand where she is from.

I have only briefly visited home since then and never needed a car or to drive. Now we are planning on coming back next year and I just remembered these tickets. I reached out to the Wa Department of Licensing and they informed me, and this is a quote from their e-mail...

"Good afternoon,

Your status is clear in Washington State."

I'm baffled. I received the tickets, I never paid the tickets, I thought tickets never go away? What could have happened? Could they have gone to collections and eventually just hit the 7 year mark? I have not seen them on any of my credit reports. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks all!

Hello!

Back in 2005/2006 I received two tickets, one for speeding and one for driving without a license (I had a license but it was out of state and they couldn't confirm it on their computer, I didn't have it on my person as I had recently returned from a tour in Iraq). Shortly after receiving those tickets I was sent abroad with the Army. While abroad I met my wife and after my discharge we moved to Thailand where she is from.

I have only briefly visited home since then and never needed a car or to drive. Now we are planning on coming back next year and I just remembered these tickets. I reached out to the Wa Department of Licensing and they informed me, and this is a quote from their e-mail...

"Good afternoon,

Your status is clear in Washington State."

I'm baffled. I received the tickets, I never paid the tickets, I thought tickets never go away? What could have happened? Could they have gone to collections and eventually just hit the 7 year mark? I have not seen them on any of my credit reports. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks all!

There are so many possibilities, but you've probably nailed most of them.
I can only add its a glitch, a lie, incorrect information, or just got lucky.
When you return and reapply, that's the only way to know what is fact or fiction.

Here is a link for educational/informational purposes - Wa. Dept. of Licensing (DOL) - which includes information kept & for how long.

Request Rejected (This will take you to *all* info for review - no specific request.)

Back