Unpaid funds from Onforce/Workmarket work platforms

Jurisdiction
New York
Pending funds from a work platform Onforce/WorkMarket

Legal/financial issue with WorkMarket

Long story short. Workmarket bought out Onforce in '17 and completely closed the service in 2020. I have accounts with both companies.
They notified me to withdraw the money before they completely close the platform on April 16, 2020.

The problem was that they have a $7500 limit for withdrawals, so I wasn't able to get the remaining $4100. Called Workmarket the same day and the lady said that she created the case to go through the process of sending me the check.

I have been talking with a representative of theirs for 11 months. They keep "checking on it". I don't know what takes almost a year to check. Finally they tell me the old/closed account has no money. (I still have money on the WorkMarket account, but that's a separate thing).

I have their tax forms and my bank statements of the withdrawals. I only made three withdrawals from Onforce. So earnings - withdrawals should give you the a balance. They tell me no, they need a screenshot from the website. But the Onforce website has been closed for a year.

Is there any legal way I could prove that I didn't withdraw all the money. They're supposed to have a log of the conversation I have with them on Apr 16 last year. But there is no documented trail of the withdrawals other that the bank statements I have.

I'm thinking on going to the lawyers. It seems that they're trying to jib me. Because there is no Onforce account to log in to.

Pending funds from a work platform Onforce/WorkMarket

Legal/financial issue with WorkMarket

Long story short. Workmarket bought out Onforce in '17 and completely closed the service in 2020. I have accounts with both companies.
They notified me to withdraw the money before they completely close the platform on April 16, 2020.

The problem was that they have a $7500 limit for withdrawals, so I wasn't able to get the remaining $4100. Called Workmarket the same day and the lady said that she created the case to go through the process of sending me the check.

I have been talking with a representative of theirs for 11 months. They keep "checking on it". I don't know what takes almost a year to check. Finally they tell me the old/closed account has no money. (I still have money on the WorkMarket account, but that's a separate thing).

I have their tax forms and my bank statements of the withdrawals. I only made three withdrawals from Onforce. So earnings - withdrawals should give you the a balance. They tell me no, they need a screenshot from the website. But the Onforce website has been closed for a year.

Is there any legal way I could prove that I didn't withdraw all the money. They're supposed to have a log of the conversation I have with them on Apr 16 last year. But there is no documented trail of the withdrawals other that the bank statements I have.

I'm thinking on going to the lawyers. It seems that they're trying to jib me. Because there is no Onforce account to log in to.

Your statements are your proof, and this will likely be a small claims matter. Your agreement with the company may provide for attorney's fees if you win, so it might be worth it to consult with an attorney.

Your statements are your proof, and this will likely be a small claims matter. Your agreement with the company may provide for attorney's fees if you win, so it might be worth it to consult with an attorney.

Thanks for the reply. What you mean by "your agreement". The terms I signed initially?

Also I'm worried that they would say that I had another withdrawal method assigned (you could do it in theory) and withdrew the money that way.

they either don't have the records of the withdrawals or have them and are trying to job me. Also, I'm very suspicious that they don't have logs of my conversation with them on apr 16. Usually these things are pre-recorded.

Thanks for the reply. What you mean by "your agreement". The terms I signed initially?
Whatever agreement you have with the company. That may include the terms you agreed to initially.

Also I'm worried that they would say that I had another withdrawal method assigned (you could do it in theory) and withdrew the money that way.
They may, but they will need to provide their business records to prove this.

they either don't have the records of the withdrawals or have them and are trying to job me. Also, I'm very suspicious that they don't have logs of my conversation with them on apr 16. Usually these things are pre-recorded.
I'm not surprised. It's entirely possible that such "logs" aren't maintained for very long.

Back