Unpaid bail bonds! Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessjess1125

Almost 2 years ago myself, my boyfriends mom and his step dad all signed a bail (bond?) for him to get out of jail. The original bail was 120,000 but the bondsman let us get him out for around 12,000, but we only had to give him 1200 cash at the time. Note, I broke up with this guy soon after so I didn't realize he was not making the remaining payments to the bailbonds man after his court date. I received a summons the other day to appear in court b/c the bailbonds man is trying to collect the unpain money. My question is...he appeared in court (my ex b/f) so why is the remaining money still owed? Also, what are my chances of getting out of this? Would I only be responsible for 1/3 or the debt since 3 total people signed for it? I don't have much extra money, with the money I do have, it would take 10 years for me to pay them back...plus, my ex doesn't work, he's such a low life....why aren't they trying to hold him responsible? I feel dumb b/c I should know better, but I had been with this guy for 5 years and was trying to help him out, also I didn't realize the severity of a bail bond, my own ignorance I guess. I don't understand why the money is even owed since he showed up for court! Wouldn't the bailbondsman get his money back from the courts since he showed up?:confused:

Q: My question is...he appeared in court (my ex b/f) so why is the remaining money still owed? Wouldn't the bailbondsman get his money back from the courts since he showed up?

A: You don't have enough facts. The bum could've skipped bail and been caught; in that case, the bail bond could still be forfeited.

Q: Also, what are my chances of getting out of this?

A: Zero.

Q: Would I only be responsible for 1/3 or the debt since 3 total people signed for it?

A: The whole amount.

Q: I don't have much extra money, with the money I do have, it would take 10 years for me to pay them back...plus, my ex doesn't work, he's such a low life....why aren't they trying to hold him responsible?

A: Maybe they are; maybe they think they have a better chance of getting money from you rather than him. Ask them your questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back