Unmodifiable Childsupport/Alimony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_K

I am going into court next week. I live in Wisconsin and have been divorced since 10/04... At the time we signed that I would pay $4880/mo (2880 CS and 2000 SS) and the terms were to be unmodifiable... My income has gone down to the point of 50,000 / yr + 20,000ish / yr mileage reimbursment, because of business problems, and have even had to sell the majority of it off to pay past due bills. Even thought I have paid her over $170,000, I have fallen $40,000 in the rears (Still paying, but not as much as before)... Are there any cases I can cite where this agreement can be overturned... My credit is shot and the balance is climbing... Also I have had the children 50% of the time since 2005. P.S. The agreement also states I owe her $75,000 for the business which I don't have... HELP!

Last edited:
You need a lawyer.

Yesterday.

You'll need to see an attorney to see whether or not your change of circumstance is enough for a reduction. If your income has reduced and you have the children much of the time it is possible you can get a reduction. Your states child support website cannot help with alimony but you might want to go on their website to see about submitting for a CS reduction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back