Unlicensed auto finance company and unlicensed dealer is that legal

Karategirldj

Jurisdiction
California
If I leased a vehicle through an unlicensed dealer and an unlicensed Finance Company is that legal and car is a lemon the demands never met for what they said they would fix car not even blue book for 1/3 of Kelly blue book

If I leased a vehicle through an unlicensed dealer and an unlicensed Finance Company is that legal and car is a lemon the demands never met for what they said they would fix car not even blue book for 1/3 of Kelly blue book

What do you mean by unlicensed dealer and unlicensed lender?

California's lemon law statute, the Song-Beverly Consumer Warranty Act, protects used cars in several different ways.

First, all used automobiles that are purchased or leased from a California car dealership during the original manufacturer's warranty period qualify for protection under the new car lemon law.

The Car Buyer's Bill of Rights became effective July 1, 2006, and covers vehicle sales by licensed car dealers in California.

The law does not apply to motorcycles and off-highway motor vehicles or to transactions between private parties.

The new law says that Dealers must provide an itemized price list for items such as warranties and insurance, etc., if the items are being financed.

Dealers must provide buyers with their credit score and an explanation of how it is used.

USED CARS
There is no "cooling off" or right to cancel unless you obtain a Contract Cancellation Option Agreement.

If the used car you are buying is less than $40,000, you must be provided with the opportunity to purchase a 2-day Sales Contract Cancellation Option Agreement.

If you purchase the 2-day Sales Contract Cancellation Option Agreement, you have the right the right to return the vehicle and receive a full refund of the sales tax, registration fees, and any deposit or trade-in vehicle (or value for trade if already sold).

The Contract Cancellation Option Agreement does not apply to used cars priced at $40,000 or more, new cars, private party sales, motorcycles, off-road vehicles, recreational vehicles, or vehicles sold for business or commercial use.

To purchase this Option Agreement, you can be charged a non-refundable fee ranging from $75 to as much as 1% of sale price of the car.

If you choose to return the vehicle within the time specified, the dealer can also charge a restocking fee ranging from $175 to $500, but if they do, the fee paid to purchase the Option Agreement must be refunded.

Buying and Maintaining a Car | State of California - Department of Justice - Kamala D. Harris Attorney General

You are being redirected...

I have already payed payment of 280$ for over two years can I sue or at least take car back without any effect on credit

A purchaser or lessee of a motor vehicle has various rights under both state and federal law if the vehicle does not perform as provided under an express warranty. Warranty law can be complex, and it is impossible to describe comprehensively all of the law in a brief space. The following briefly explains the Song-Beverly Consumer Warranty Act and what is popularly known as the "Lemon Law."

Because the law is complex, however, you should consult with a lawyer who can best advise you of your rights under the particular circumstances of your case.

Coverage For Vehicles That Are Not "New": Although the special provisions discussed above apply to new motor vehicles, Song-Beverly has many general rules that apply to any consumer product sold with an express written warranty. As a result, there is important coverage for motorcycles, the living quarters of a mobile home, used vehicles sold with a dealer's express written warranty, "lemon" vehicles repurchased by the manufacturer and sold to consumers with an express written warranty covering the defect, and vehicles sold with a service contract.

For complete advice concerning your legal rights, you should consult your own attorney.

What is the year and make/model of the car you leased?

How many miles were on the car when you took delivery?

Did the car come with, or did you purchase a warranty?

I don't think the law will be of much help in your situation.
I'll wait for your answers to learn more.

You are being redirected...

Back