Unlawful entry into my home by Police without a Warrant

Status
Not open for further replies.

GMccoy

The La Cygne, KS Police Department came into my house when I was not at home, without a Warrant and also took my 16 year old arthritic dog out of my house to a cold, outside kennel. I believe this is a violation of my 4th Amendment rights and a Color of Law lawsuit. Am I right?

Thanks

The La Cygne, KS Police Department came into my house when I was not at home, without a Warrant and also took my 16 year old arthritic dog out of my house to a cold, outside kennel. I believe this is a violation of my 4th Amendment rights and a Color of Law lawsuit. Am I right?

Thanks

If you weren't home, you don't know if they had a warrant.

Even if they removed the animal without a warrant, they acted under color of local ordinance or state law.

I suggest you speak with the chief of police and attempt to discover why the police allegedly did what you claim.

Otherwise, you are always free to discuss your concerns with your elected city official, including the mayor.

I don't, however, see any constitutional violations based on what you say.

Why? You have no direct knowledge of what happened, as you admit you weren't at home when this allegedly took place.

If they had served a warrant a copy would have been left at the residence.

Entry into the home without a warrant is not automatically illegal. You need to find out WHY they entered, and HOW.

Was the door left open? We're they investigating a possible burglary?

We're they called to the home for some purpose?

Does anyone at the address have an active arrest warrant?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back